Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ian Alexander Munoz

It's Val, mom to Max and Ian.

I found one of my favorite pictures of Ian and since I posted about Max, I thought I should share a little something about Ian, my 16 year old angst ridden teenager.

Ian was the coolest little boy. He has always been a huge fan of music, he liked Donovan and used to play Season of the Witch over and over on a little toy cassette player. Strange choice of song for a 4 year old, but that's Ian. He went through a huge oldies phase, lots of Delfonics and Brenton wood. He even dressed like a cholo for a while, El Guero. But, he moved on and got into the Misfits and learned to play the drums.  Ian and Max were in a band called the Super Satanic Sea Monkeys, they did a mean cover of Die, Die My Darling and Skulls. The Super Satanic Sea Monkeys broke up due to creative differences. It may be a scientific thing, brothers + band = break-up.

Ian has this thing against restaurants that aren't Chico's Tacos or McDonalds. He was super pissed when we went to Crave for dinner one evening. He sulked, whined, kissed his teeth. But then something magical happened, he angrily took a bite of his sandwich, had a few fries, and then...quiet. He ate his food, smiled, enjoyed dessert, and I captured the moment. Proof that he can still be the coolest boy ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment